21 January 2009

Stars in my eyes

I've seen this all before.


A recession is something that you just shouldn't panic about. Using the wisdom you were born with, and some you've gained along the way, you ensure that you adapt to the recession. After all, my mortgage is the same. The Diesel I put in my car is a lot cheaper than a year ago! I am still going to work, doing a job that is needed. (I was clever, or lucky, enough to go into something that is much more likely to remain needed).


So, just before the recession became "official" - I bought myself a telescope and hopefully, when I get a clear night, (that'll teach me to live in England!), I will be able to gaze at the Orion Nebula, the Andromeda Galaxy, a mere 2 million light years away and a whole host of other cosmic goodies.




The beauty of the cosmos, and perhaps its relative immortality, up there, compared to us guys, with our 3 or 4 score years down here, really does teach us that all of our narrow-minded, parochial stuff here, really doesn't amount to a hill of beans.



Picture credit: NASA, ESA, and The Hubble Heritage

(STScI/AURA)-ESA/Hubble Collaboration
The European Homepage for the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope





























My conclusion? Just look at a picture of the Orion Nebula, that is a perspective!

No comments: